Talks on Field Theory and Particle Physics
- September 28-29, 2012: The 22nd Midwest Relativity Meeting at the University of Chicago. Title: Unified Field Equations Coupling Four Forces
This was the first talk we gave in this field to physicists and astrophysicists in the related fields. Main questions asked were on PID, renomalization, and the new gravitational field equations based on PID.
The talk were based on Articles [1-3]. Note that the conjecture on dual particles made on page 12 of slides, as well as on version 1 of article , was not right based on our current understanding, and is corrected in version 2 of  , and in articles thereafter.
- October 8, 2012: Indiana University High Energy Physics and Astrophysics Seminar. Title: Unified Field Equations Coupling Four Forces and Theory of Dark Energy and Dark Matter
This was truly an “interactive” talk, with many questions asked by the audiences, who appeared to be quite interested in understanding new gravitational field equations, PID, PID-induced Higgs field, and mass generation mechanism. Professor Steven Gottlieb raised a question on the many parameters in the right-hand side terms of the PID-induced field equations and on how the Higgs fields attain their masses. His problem was better answered in Article  posted on arxiv:1212.4893, where a new basic principle, called principle of representation invariance (PRI) was discovered.
- October 1, 2012: Indiana University PDE/Applied Mathematics Seminar on the same title as the previous one.
- March 25, 2013: Indiana University PDE/Applied Mathematics Seminar. Title: Unified Field Theory and Force Formulas of Interactions.
- April 11, 2013: Workshops of the APS Topical Group on Hadronic Physics. Title: Unified Field Theory and Force Formulas of Interactions.
A good number of audiences attended this talk. Most questions asked during and after the talk focused on the understanding PID and the mass generation mechanism. Also sincere compliments from some of the audiences after the talk were encouraging.
- April 14, 2013: APS April Meeting 2013, Denver, Colorado. Title: Unified Field Theory and Force Formulas of Interactions.
This talk used similar slides as in the previous APS Topical Group on Hadronic Physics talk. The main interest of the audience was on how the classical electroweak theory violates the principle of representation invariance (PRI).
In last three talks, we are able to derive weak and strong interaction potentials and force formulas, leading explanation of quark confinement and asymptotic freedom. However, the prediction on strong interaction dual fields (see item 2 on page 11 of the slides) was still not correct. We now believe that those strong interaction dual fields correspond to scalar gluons, which are confined as well; see e.g. new version of Article .
- July 13, 2013: Pauli Institute Workshop on Quantized vortices in superfluidity and superconductivity and related problems. Title: Unified Field Theory of Four Interactions.
- July 30, 2013: Theory Panel session at The American Physical Society’s Division of Particles and Fields Snowmass on the Mississippi a.k.a 2013. Title: New Advances in Unified Field Theory and Particle Physics.
- October 5, 2013: 2013 Annual Fall Meeting of the APS Ohio-Region Section, Session E3: Astrophysics, Gravitation, High Energy. Title: Gravitational Field Equations and Theory of Dark Matter and Dark Energy
- October 6, 2013: Fall Southeastern Sectional Meeting University of Louisville, Louisville, KY; Special Session on Partial Differential Equations from Fluid Mechanics. Title: Interplay between Mathematics and Physics
- October 29 – November 1, 2013: Workshop on Non-equilibrium Statistical Mechanics and the Theory of Extreme Events in Earth Science, Isaac Newton Institute, University of Cambridge, UK. Title: Interplay between Mathematics and Physics. (video and pdf of slides).
We appreciate Professor Giovanni Jona-Lasinio’s interest and constructive suggestions.
- November 8, 2013: IU Math Departmental Colloquium. Interplay between mathematics and physics
- February 5, 2014: IU Physics Club talk. Title: Basic Principles and Laws of Nature’s Fundamental Forces/Interactions
- March 7, 2014: CCAM Seminars/Colloquiums, Purdue University. Title: Field Theory of Four Interactions
- April 14, 2014: IIT Applied Math Colloquium. Title: Field Theory of Four Interactions
- April 5-8, 2014: APS April Meeting 2014. Title: Two Fundamental Principles of Nature’s Interactions
The audiences showed great interest in this talk, asked many questions after the talk, and requested materials. It is encouraging to see more physicists are having better understanding of the theory.
- August 20-22, 2014: Workshop on Nonlinear Analysis and Dynamical Systems, Lanzhou U, China. Title: Unified Field Theory of Fundamental Interactions.
- September 22, 2014: IU PDE Seminar. Title: Yang-Mills Theory
- October 09, 2014: Analysis Seminar, Courant Institute, NYU. Title: Field Theory for Four Fundamental Interactions
- May 28-30, 2015: 18th Eastern Gravity Meeting and Beyond the First Century of General Relativity. Title: A new Blackhole Theorem and its Applications to Cosmology and Astrophysics
- June 5, 2015: Workshop on Hydrodynamic Escape Problem, National Taiwan University. Title: Law of Gravity, Structure and Geometry of Black Holes and the Universe
- June 16, 2015: PDE Seminar, Institute of Mathematics, Academia Sinica, Taiwan. Title: Unified Field Theory for Four Fundamental Interactions.
- August 17-19, 2015: International Workshop on Mathematics of Geophysical Fluids and Turbulence, Fudan University, Shanghai. Title: Astrophysical fluid dynamics and its applications.
- October 1-3, 2015: 2015 Midwest Relativity Meeting, CIERA Northwestern University. Title:1) Structure and Geometry of Black Holes and the Universe. (presented by Wang), 2) Gravitational Field Equations and Long Range Repulsive Effect (presented by Hernandez).
- February 8, 2016: Applied Math and Analysis Seminar, Duke University: Physical Laws of Nature vs Fundamental First Principles
- April 1-2, 2016: PCGM 32 (Pacific Coast Gravity Meeting). Law of Gravity, Dark Matter and Dark Energy
- April 16-19, 2016: APS April Meeting. Field Theory of Multi-Particle Systems, Salt Lake City, Utah
- October 13, 2017: 2017 Midwest Relativity Meeting, Ann Arbor, University of Michigan. Law of Gravity and Gravitational Radiation
- October 14, 2017: 2017 Annual Fall Meeting of the APS Ohio-Region Section, Miami U. Oxford, Ohio. Potential-Descending Principle and Statistical Theory of Heat